Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Have you ever thought you could die for the beauty of that moment?
My ski tour on La Tourne
The good thing about not being able to have the opportunity to see the great things as often, is that once you see them, you are more in awe than you would usually be. I grew up 7km from where I did this ski tour and I have skied there day and night a few years ago, when I was living in Neuchâtel... and yet, yesterdays ski tour seemed to me like an incredible revelation. Because this year I have not experienced the beautiful part of winter (...just the icy roads and trails at night on my way to university and back) this backyard trip in the winter landscape felt magical.
Through the marshes of la vallée de La Sagne









La Vallée and its loooong absolute flat stretch, approx. 13km (of course fighting against facing wind).
But finally getting to the entrance of a side valley... where almost
400m of climb a x.c track will bring us to the top of the Jura mountains in only a few kilometers.
On the way up, you begin to be able to look down. Here a pic from le Mont-Dart.
And the sun is slowly setting, turning the white snow into a pale red...







...the atmosphere grows quieter, while the wind arises...
















...reminding you that slowly nature will take over this place...










...and the night will fall...








...to let the moon show its splendor...








...lightning up the highest peak in Europe, the Mont-Blanc!






2 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how beautiful! Is this how we get paid from our sport? Training and change to see amazing places round the world.

 
At 3/15/2006 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, my mum always told me...
your job needs to be satisfying... well, it certainly is...
...I don't remeber her saying I should earn something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home