Monday, May 08, 2006

SaMa update

Sandra here: I thought I would write a short update to what is happening in the life of Sa and Ma. Although Marc would really love to write an update on his life himself, he has an exam at the end of this week and doesn't have time for "extra curricular" activities. I am happy to do it for him.

Quality not quantity, Marc is in form!
It seems that even though Marc has a high stress and busy schedule, he is still able to keep up decent training quality and this is keeping him in good form. Just yesterday he completed an interval training where he saw that his times were faster than last year at this time. This good news comes somewhat heavy hearted, since Marc is not taking part in any international races this year, and watches on the side lines how his team mates compete at the World cup races this week. Of course he can also watch with joy as the Swiss show yet again that they are contenders for the top positions.

1 Week and 4 days until…
The pressure is building as the US team trials for WOC draw nearer. I am unfortunately still having problems with my back, and haven't run a step since over a week. I hope to be able to start with some alternative training today, but I am waiting for the 'ok' from my physical therapist this afternoon. The inflammation that I have in my sacroiliac joint in my back is getting much better. I am almost pain free. Of course it's hard to tell how much the anti-inflammatory medication is masking the pain, and how much is actually progress. I will trust the professionals at hand, and wait its course.
Although my back does seem to be getting more stable, my nerves are getting more and more wobbly. With the US team trials for the World champs in less than two weeks, I feel under pressure to get my back up and running, literally. I am trying to focus on the mental aspects of this challenge presented to me, and keep cool. Clean orienteering and a focused strong head will make up for a small physical deficit due to this injury. Now it's all about achieving a cool head. I will certainly try my best.

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully you will get a ok. I hope to see you at WOC this summer (as a competitor) :D

 
At 5/17/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger SaMa said...

Hi Lieke, good to hear that you will be coming to WOC again this year! Looking forward to seeing you again. Until soon, Sandra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home