Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sandra in the States

Sandra here:
Hello from Laural, Maryland!

I have arrived in the US well and am adjusting to the time zone quickly. I am staying with a high school friend, Lindsay Mitchell , and it is so good to see her again and catch up on thing. This is the best way possible to adjust to a new time zone, hanging out with a friend, relaxing, and doing some running on the side.
Only 48 hours separates me from the first event of the US team trials. The schedule looks like this:
Friday May 19th: Sprint distance race, University of Missouri-St.Louis
Saturday May 20th: Middle distance race, S-F Boy Scout Ranch
Sunday May 21st: Long distance race, Hawn State Park

I am slowly feeling perpared for these races after my back injury. Although after my long flight to the States (which included a 5 hour delay in Newark) my back is hurting a little more than before I left, I feel like I have been able to do several quality trainings in the last week and my fitness should be up to par again, but my heart rate is still higher than normal. I am not sure how strong I will be, but I will do my best.

I will update this page after the events with maps and results.
Wish me luck!!

2 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! :)

 
At 5/18/2006 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandra, I wish you good luck and a lot of fun! Say hi to Lindsay.
See you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home