Thursday, August 03, 2006

WOC Long Distance

Well, I have a big smile on my face... one year after achieving the 2nd place at the WOC Long Distance in Japan, I was able to defend this incredible result here in Denmark.

I want to thank deeply all the people who have supported me, coached me and inspired me on my way to this result. Such a performance is not a result of my own work, but the result of many people opening the right doors for me and giving me the right support at the right moment. Such a success is a long combination of things which went right in my surrounding. Thank you!

For several reasons this race is a great satisfaction:
-I went through the most loaded year of my life working very intensely for my last year in dental school. That I was able to build up such an O shape besides the 55 to 70 hours/week is something I could have only dreamt of. During this year I have surely learned to push my limits further.

-I felt quite jealous during all the spring, not being able to try my best at the WOC… finally I not only did I get the chance to do so, but I also achieved a very good performance.

-Maybe even the most resistant people understand now that my second place last year at the WOC was not a matter of running together with Andrey Khramov…
Yesterday I raced from A to Z without any beneficial contact with other runners. How seldom is that at a WOC Long Distance?

In 2 days we will compete in the relay. I feel like it will be a tight fight with many very good teams. But I am looking forward for the challenge together with Matthias and Daniel. Again, we will try our best!

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

an awesome run in classic, congrats on your silver. Best of luck in the relay

 
At 8/03/2006 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Marc, fantastic performance. Did you see the last 9 split times ? 6 best times and you are climbing the last hill (70 m) 22" faster than Jane L. ! Incredible ! We are pround of you ! Allez l'ANCO ! Tout de bon pour samedi !
Henri C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home